So in an attempt to wring the last few drops of summery fun out of summer, I spent the weekend camping with my friend out in the Whiteshell (where I haven't been since I was young) and It. Was. Fantastic. Amber got a campsite right on the lake, the weather was gorgeous, and we spent all our time outside. I haven't been camping like that in approximately 8 years. All my camping since then has been in my parents' RV, which has a shower, a queen size bed, a fireplace and a full kitchen in it. Camping this is not. We as a family have no illusions about this. But this past weekend we were about 50 yards from the beach, cooked outside, had a fire, sat by the water while the sun went down, it was amazing. Like Amber said "Stuff like this is good for your soul." The past few years the summers have been so crappy/rainy/cold/non-existent that lots of quintessential "summer stuff" falls by the wayside, but this year, while I missed out on some of my staples (ie. Folklorama, Fringe Fest), there's been more outside, classically summery stuff this year, like BBQ's, beaching, camping, etc. I've had a few bouts of heat stroke and I still burn like a peach (even with SPF 60. Hell, even under an umbrella once), but totally worth it. Awesome stuff. Have a great week everyone!
"Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one." - Eleanor Roosevelt
No comments:
Post a Comment