Saturday, November 12, 2011

Apple of my swollen itchy eye

I find myself really wanting apples lately.  Which is an unfortunate craving since I've been allergic to apples since '03-ish.  It was one of the earliest of my now 6 or so fruit allergies.

I set up a Twitter account this afternoon, not because I really want to broadcast my 140 character thoughts to strangers, but because I felt I was missing out on some Michael Ian Black gems.  And so far, I find Twitter beyond annoying to try to use.  I really don't get the crack-like addiction people seem to have to it.  Facebook yes.  Twitter no.

I was out doing some shopping today when I noticed something.  Parents (many, not all) seem to feel that if they are able to tune out their screaming, crying child that surely everyone else must be too.  This in fact is NOT so.  Shockingly enough, like most problems, ignoring it doesn't make it go away, and it's probably the reason you're getting so many dirty looks.

Heavy D passed away this week at the age of 44.  Being some of the first hip-hop my white suburban self was ever exposed to, Heavy D & the Boyz will forever be straight up good times music to me (and really most other people too).  It's scary to think someone so young can just drop dead of pneumonia....


Watching this it makes you wonder when dancing changed.  Like back in the early 90's, were people really out at the clubs doing the running man and the Roger Rabbit?  It looks like aerobics and like you'd need a fair amount of clearance to get the job done.  I suddenly feel like watching New Jack City....

No comments:

Post a Comment