Saturday, April 2, 2011

April's Fool's post-mortem

I am not a fan of April Fool's Day.  It usually illustrates the fooler's complete lack of imagination and somehow seems to just end up irritating people.  And this is despite having nice memories of it.  When I was little, I would usually spend part of or all of spring break with my grandparents, and April Fool's Day usually fell in there somewhere.  For years my grandmother would somehow get us to fall for her terribly lame April Fool's jokes (hurry up! come quick! there's a cow walking down the street!)  When I think back on it now though, it was sweet of her to try and make the day fun for us.  And maybe that's why so many people's "I'm quitting my job to trek across Siberia!" or the becoming-all-too-pervasive "I'm pregnant! Gah!" April Fool's jokes don't thrill me.  Because nothing will ever measure up to the cow walking down the street or Mickey Mouse in the backyard.  Or maybe I'm just difficult to amuse.  Lol, no, that's not it :) 

(Warning: as hilarious as I find this, there's some rather strong language in it, consider yourself warned!)


No comments:

Post a Comment