I'm thus far underwhelmed with the new fall TV. There were a bunch of shows I was excited to watch, and they've all turned out to be....shows I don't want to watch more than once (Mob Doctor, Partners, 666 Park Avenue, The Mindy Project-I had had particularly high hopes for that one.) Even the season premieres of shows I already love were disappointing (Parks & Rec, The Simpsons, New Girl). I still have World Without End on the PVR, unwatched. I'm afraid if I watch it, the whole fall season will be a wash. Then I would have to like...read. Or get hobbies. Or something.
So, I have kind of a thing for older men. I have as long as I can remember. Sean Connery is a perennial favorite (pun intended?). But Liam Neeson....oh my. How he's 60 years old, I will never understand. And it was for charity! And he smells good!
Now for the political snippets! Everyone's favorite!
- Justin Trudeau announced last week that he will run for the leadership of the Liberal Party of Canada. I think he might be the only one who can bring them back from the brink of obscurity. I also think a resurgence of the Liberals is in the Canadian political best interest. The more we become an NDP/Conservative dichotomy, the more we risk an "us vs. them" mentality, and becoming a divided nation like our beloved neighbours to the south. Some TV political analyst pointed out that older people will vote for him because they remember his dad, and that younger people will vote for him because he's young and smiley. Win-win.
- Speaking of which, some plucky Conservative asshole decided to open up a large and unnecessary can of worms by proposing to study feasibility of changes to the Criminal Code regarding when a fetus can be considered a "person", which by extension, could obviously threaten a woman's right to terminate an unwanted pregnancy. It was struck down, fairly conclusively (203-91), but the fracking Minister for the Status of Women voted FOR it. I'm frankly surprised this petition calling for her resignation only has 6100 signatures.
Anyways, I think that's about all. For now. Hope everyone is enjoying this gorgeous fall week :)
"That thing between your legs only turns into an elbow if you let it"
No comments:
Post a Comment