Home from another beating with Leslie, about to leave to see Carly.
I don't know why but lately I've been thinking a lot about what it takes, or what a person needs, to be happy. I've asked a couple of friends, and have gotten responses ranging from the very superficial (Xbox) to the fairly deep (intellectual challenges). How much do material things figure into happiness (and no one's allowed to say they don't at all, because everyone knows that's not true)? How much comes from sources outside us, and how much of our own happiness do we determine ourselves?
I would be really interested to get some other perspectives on this. For those of you not able to comment here (and I am given to understand that's a bunch of you), message me on Facebook if you have some opinions. I'm ideally looking for people to give me 3-5 things they need to be happy. Because I'm a nurse, I'm going to say this is in the interest of medical progress ;)
"Nothing is enough for the man to whom enough is too little." - Washington Irving
A sense of belonging.
ReplyDeleteA sense of purpose.
Something to look forward to.
Those are all really good ones. And no one else has given those answers yet!
ReplyDelete